Launch a Local Program
Bridge of Hope’s proven national model was featured in USA Today! Find out more about how to engage church volunteers in Neighboring to provide vital informal supports for families facing homelessness in your community.
Which option is right for your community?
- Is your church interested in providing neighboring to a family facing homelessness?
- A Bridge of Hope OneChurch Site engages their congregation to provide supportive relationships to a family facing homelessness using the Bridge of Hope model.
- Bridge of Hope OneChurch Sites provide or procure funding for temporary rental assistance, professional case management services, and recruit and train neighboring volunteers from their congregation.
- Bridge of Hope National provides resources that include program standards, Strangers to Neighbors® volunteer training curriculum, case manager resources, and consultation to guide you each step of the way.
- A Bridge of Hope Program Site replicates the Bridge of Hope model to help families attain; safe and sustainable housing, strong and resilient families and supportive neighboring relationships.
- With Bridge of Hope, you can:
- Complement Your Services: Bridge of Hope’s proven model augments your existing, or helps you to establish, post-shelter or aftercare services.
- Engage the Church: Implement Strangers to Neighbors®, a proven training curriculum to engage Christian faith communities (church, Bible study, small group) in neighboring with families you serve.
- Multiply Your Impact: Neighboring Volunteers bring personal connections, tangible help, and emotional supports so your staff can focus on family goals, budgeting, and other needed services.
- Your agency provides or procures temporary rental assistance, professional case management services, and recruits and trains neighboring volunteers from local Christian faith communities.
- Bridge of Hope National provides resources that include program standards, case manager resources, Strangers to Neighbors® volunteer training curriculum and consultation to guide you each step of the way.
- Bridge of Hope National can help you build a new nonprofit with affiliation through Bridge of Hope National’s IRS 501(c)(3) status.
- Are post-shelter or aftercare services needed for families facing homelessness in your community? A Bridge of Hope Affiliate is the perfect solution.
- A Branch Affiliate operates using the Bridge of Hope model as their sole program. Their mission is to engage Christian faith communities in ending family homelessness through Neighboring relationships that demonstrate Christ’s love.
- Branch Affiliates form a Board of Directors, hire staff, and operate under a signed covenant with Bridge of Hope National and the network.
“I really like the way the Bridge of Hope program is set up. It organizes a group of believers from a church and helps us do ministry for a single mom who, in our case, has really bought into the relationship part of the program. I don’t want to just throw money or build houses. I want a relationship with a single mom and her kids, and Bridge of Hope is set up for that. We just do the loving and provide the network of support. It’s set up perfectly for our church’s ministry focus.”
-Jamaica, Bridge of Hope Alumna