Bridge of Hope is currently accepting applications for the following position:
Bridge of Hope National is seeking a dynamic Events Coordinator. The Events Coordinator will coordinate fundraising events of Bridge of Hope National, expanding our support base and engaging supporters in top-notch, well-executed events that spur attendees to deeper engagement with our mission.
Exton, PA | Part-time, 10 hr/wk during school year and 2-3 hr/wk in the summer
What a successful candidate will need:
Education and Experience
- Highly motivated, self-starter
- Ease and enthusiasm in building relationships and listening to people.
- Passionate about Bridge of Hope National’s mission of engaging Christian faith communities in ending family homelessness through neighboring relationships that demonstrate Christ’s love.
- Strong written communication skills
- Proficient Computer skills; knowledgeable of donor software systems and Microsoft Office products such as Outlook, Word and Excel
- Additional attributes include outstanding interpersonal, organizational and communication skills, high levels of self-motivation, optimism, and creativity
- Strong ability to attend to details
- Experience in nonprofit event planning
What you will do:
1. Gala Luncheon Fundraiser: Planning and implementing this annual fundraising event. Attendance at special events and all committee meetings is required. (90% of time)
- To coordinate, motivate and work with the special events committees and committee chairs, including recruiting volunteers to serve on these committees.
- To organize and run the event, in coordination with the event co-chairs, from planning stages to implementation, meeting the fundraising and friend-raising goals.
- To solicit and achieve significant corporate and individual sponsorships for the Gala, along with the help of development team and Gala committee members. This will include a specific focus on increasing sponsorships in the $350 – $1,000 range, with growing responsibility for leadership event sponsorships as well.
- To net $100,000+ at this annual event.
2. To plan details for the annual donor appreciation event/gathering for Leader of Hope/Legacy of Hope Giving Societies. (5% of time)
- Work with full development team to outline plan for our annual appreciation event for our leadership and legacy supporters.
- Secure venue based on the event plan and caterer
- Work with Project Coordinator on invitation design
- Coordinate additional details to assure a successful event
3. To begin, in 2020-21, to plan for adding a future event to draw in new supporters and build our support base. (5% of time and growing)
4. Other duties as assigned by the executive director, as needed.
What we can offer you:
You will be joining a strong, skilled team of professionals that work collaboratively to achieve our mission of engaging Christian faith communities in ending family homelessness through neighboring relationships that demonstrate Christ’s love. We offer a supportive, balanced work environment and an opportunity to put your faith in action and empower churches across the country to live out the call to love our neighbor as ourselves.
The Executive Director
How to Apply: