Bridge of Hope National will train your church to implement Bridge of Hope services in your community. Typically serving one family at a time, Bridge of Hope OneChurch Sites offer full Bridge of Hope program services and prepare congregation members using the Strangers to Neighbors® curriculum to walk alongside families facing homelessness and build Neighboring relationships that demonstrate Christ’s love.
Bridge of Hope National is available to provide more information and to answer your questions.
Your church may be ready to implement the Bridge of Hope program if you can:
- Identify who will provide the case management services. This can be an individual from within your congregation or through a member’s connection, as well as staff from a local agency that your church partners with.
- *note: The Case Manager criteria is a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in social work (B.S.W.) or a bachelor’s degree in a similar field with at least 3 years of case management experience.
- Bridge of Hope National provides:
All program resources and Bridge of Hope specific trainings.
Ongoing support from our Masters level social work staff.
- Provide temporary rental assistance over 6-12 months for each family served.
- *note: If rental assistance funds are not available through your church’s outreach budget, we recommend connecting to a local agency that is already providing this service, or applying for a local grant. Bridge of Hope has resources to help you.
- Designate a member as your Bridge of Hope Coordinator to:
- recruit the Neighboring Volunteers
- assist with the Strangers to Neighbors® training
- act as liaison between the church and Bridge of Hope’s national office
Ready to learn more? You can download the OneChurch Site brochure by filling out the form below. We’ll also keep you connected with future updates about the work of Bridge of Hope. We can’t wait to help you join the Neighboring movement!
If you would like to speak with us directly, please contact Anne Dunnenberger, Director of Outreach at 866-670-4673 X1008 or firstname.lastname@example.org.