Bridge of Hope is currently accepting applications for the following position:
Grant-writer and Communications Specialist, 30 hr/wk, flexible hours and remote work option
How to Apply:
Email both an application and a resume to EdithY@bridgeofhopeinc.org.
Applications and resume must both be submitted for a candidate to be considered.
Bridge of Hope is seeking an experienced and committed grant-writer and marketing/development writer.
Hourly, non-exempt position, flexible hours, remote work possible. Core hours for this position are Mon-Thur, 10:00-3:00 p.m. Eastern.
Position Summary: This position focuses on grant-writing and relationship engagement with foundations (70%) will also providing written content for marketing/development and manages social media platforms (30%).
What a successful candidate will need:
Qualifications and Experience:
- Five or more years of experience and success in grant-writing with private foundations
- Ease and enthusiasm in creating written content that builds engagement and relationships
- Strong strategic writing skills
- Working knowledge of nonprofit work, with 5+ years of marketing, development and/or communications experience
- Ability to use stories to communicate mission
- Experience/knowledge in writing fundraising appeals for print and online purposes
- Value system and personal style that is collaborative, ethical, Christian, persuasive, credible and fun.
- Passionate about Bridge of Hope National’s mission of engaging Christian faith communities in ending family homelessness through neighboring relationships that demonstrate Christ’s love.
- College degree or equivalent life experience.
- Proficient Computer skills; knowledgeable of donor software systems and Microsoft Office products such as Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Outstanding interpersonal, organizational and communication skills, high levels of self-motivation, optimism, and creativity
- Commitment to work collaboratively
- Ability to create communication plan at both the strategic and tactical levels
- Able to work independently and enjoys creating, implementing and managing various initiatives
What we can offer you:
You will be joining a strong, skilled team of professionals that work collaboratively to achieve our mission of engaging Christian faith communities in ending family homelessness through neighboring relationships that demonstrate Christ’s love. We offer a supportive, balanced work environment and an opportunity to put your faith in action and empower churches across the country to live out the call to love our neighbor as ourselves. This position is also potentially a remote work opportunity for the right person.
Chief Executive Officer