How do you feel about spring, change and new beginnings?
April 18, 2018
Spring is in the air! For some of you it might mean dealing with allergies, but I love this season of new beginnings, new possibilities and change!
I’ve been reflecting on new beginnings and change a lot over the past two years as Bridge of Hope has been transforming our program to meet the changing needs of families facing homelessness and churches today.
Here are three thoughts on new beginnings and change:
- Last week our staff watched this 15 minute Ted Talk by Jim Hemerling on 5 ways to lead in an era of constant change. I love thinking about organizational change and appreciated his reminder about putting people first – and going all in – when it comes to change!
- Here’s a great quote about change. Edwin Friedman wrote about family systems and congregational systems and said, “You have not accomplished change until you have survived the sabotage.” Change is hard work! We all resist it. Here in southeastern PA, we’ve seen snow in April, and it feels like winter is trying to sabotage spring this year!
- Change brings excitement. And one of the things I’m most excited about today is that we have just launched our new website for Bridge of Hope National! Here are three great reasons to check out the new website:
- Hear from Pastor Dave Klock, at Living Bridge, talk about why his church is involved with Bridge of Hope.
- Register soon (before tickets run out!) to attend our Gala Luncheon on Friday, May 11. You’ll love hearing from Margot Starbuck, our Gala speaker. You’ll receive a free copy of Margot’s book if you attend the Gala this year, thanks to Everence and in celebration of 30 years of ending family homelessness.
- Be one the first two web visitors to make an online donation through our new website and a win a travel mug!
May you be blessed with new beginnings and new possibilities this spring,