Neighborhood Resource Specialist
How to Apply:
Email both an application and a resume to RachelTS@bridgeofhopeinc.org. Applications and resume must both be submitted for a candidate to be considered.
Chester County, PA, part-time, flexible hours including some evenings and weekends
Bridge of Hope is seeking an experienced, engaging and committed Neighborhood Resource Specialist in Chester County, PA. The NRS/Case-manager will provide case management and support services for 5-6 families who are homeless or at-risk of homelessness and foster relationships with Neighboring Volunteers, engaging both parties in developing their Bridge of Hope Neighborhood of Support throughout their 12 to 24 month participation in Bridge of Hope’s program. This includes participating in the family entry process, assessing all family members, linking to community resources, guiding and equipping groups of Neighboring Volunteers as they build relationships with Neighboring Families, and providing support for participating families as they seek to establish safe and sustainable housing. The work of the Neighborhood Resource Specialist is accomplished using family-centered, strengths-based, trauma-informed approaches, all with a spirit of cultural humility. All goal setting is driven by the Neighboring Family.
What a successful candidate will need:
Experience and Qualifications:
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in social work or related field with at least 3 years case management experience. Preference given to MSW.
- Knowledge, experience and skills in working with families who are homeless.
- An understanding of and a commitment to the mission of Bridge of Hope: To engage Christian faith communities in ending family homelessness through neighboring relationships that demonstrate Christ’s love.
- Active member of a Christian faith community that confesses Jesus Christ as Lord, with a strong personal faith experience.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in computer technology, including Microsoft Office products, Zoom, and able to work with database.
- Position requires a valid driver’s license and availability of a vehicle.
- Ideal candidate will be Spanish speaking and/or have demonstrated experience in multi-cultural settings.
What we can offer you:
You will be joining a strong, skilled team of professionals that work collaboratively to achieve our mission of engaging Christian faith communities in ending family homelessness through neighboring relationships that demonstrate Christ’s love. We offer a supportive, balanced work environment and an opportunity to put your faith in action and empower churches across the country to live out the call to love our neighbor as ourselves.
Chester County Program Director