National Development Officer
How to Apply:
Email application, resume, cover letter to HR@bridgeofhopeinc.org.
Malvern, PA (or from your remote office with easy access to Lancaster/Chester County, PA)
Full-time (exempt) or part-time (hourly), based on the preference of the best candidate.
Bridge of Hope National is seeking a dynamic National Development Officer. If you are interested in using your fundraising, relationship building and marketing skills to solve homelessness and engage Christian faith communities, considering joining Bridge of Hope’s team.
Who we are looking for:
As our Major Gifts Officer you will implement and fine-tune our major gift program (Leaders of Hope Giving Society). You’ll be responsible for managing and cultivating relationships with existing major gift prospects, as well as identifying new prospects. An ability to empathize with donors and clearly communicate Bridge of Hope’s mission and promote the joy of giving is key. You’ll be expected to energize team members, persuade prospects and persevere to the end.
What a successful candidate will need:
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Five+ years of experience in fundraising.
What you priorities will be:
- Steward and build relationships on behalf of Bridge of Hope National with current and potential Leader of Hope level ($1,000 – $25,000+) individuals and businesses
- Initiate, cultivate and build relationships with over 150 individuals and businesses who support and/or could support the work of Bridge of Hope National.
- Make regular visits and phone calls to donors and potential donors to build relationships with Bridge of Hope’s ministry and raise the necessary funds to meet the annual budget. This will include coordinating visits with/for the CEO or CDO as appropriate
- Call and personally thank every donor assigned from daily call sheet, within 3 business days of receiving their donation.
- Research within donor data-base to identify potential future supporters.
- Conduct all relationship building in a manner consistent with Bridge of Hope’s Collaborative Fundraising Philosophy-Standards-Unified Approach.
- Expectations/Goals include:
- 10-12 visits per month
- 10-12 impromptu or phone visits per month
- 30 phone connects per month
- Visits, impromptu connections and phone calls should be one of the following:
- Listening visit (what first engaged you with Bridge of Hope, why do you believe in this mission, etc.)
- Thank you and a request for engagement (volunteer recruitment, outreach names, friends, strategic plan feedback, program ideas, etc.)
- Ask for donation
- Planned giving conversation
- Timely follow-up after each visit will include thank you notes or emails as well as proposals for funding.
- Conduct collaborative visits with current and potential donors who might fund both the national work and a local affiliate.
- To conduct donor recognition activities as deemed appropriate.
- To conduct visits, calls, emails and letters inviting donors to make a gift and follow-up on each invitation.
- Coordinate and solicit corporate giving on a regional and national level.
- Implementation of all current campaigns and giving initiatives.
- Responsible for goal attainment of annual budget income goals, with a primary focus on Individual Contributions, Business Contributions, Golf Event and Conference Sponsorship.
- Responsible to engage in and implement any new Campaigns/Initiatives launched for fundraising purposes
- Work as a team with the full staff to assure fundraising and strategic goals are met
- To promote planned giving and the building of the Bridge for Tomorrow endowment fund
- Work at planned giving as the opportunity arises with donors.
- Work to build the “Bridge to Tomorrow” endowment fund toward the $1 Million goal by 2026
- Identify 6-8 donors each year for planned giving conversations, inviting them to join the Legacy of Hope Society.
- Timely record keeping in database, follow through with donors and prioritization of all work
- Timely recording of calls, visits and all contact with donors and potential donors in eTapestry
- Analysis and tracking of monthly contact reports
- Assure quality development data tracking, segmenting and donor research and giving trends/patterns across donors
- Participate in staff meetings and development team meetings monthly. (5% of time; 2 hr/wk)
- Other projects/assignments as delegated by the Chief Development Officer
What we can offer you:
Bridge of Hope National is a strong, skilled team of professionals that work collaboratively to achieve our mission of ending and preventing family homelessness across the country, by engaging Christian faith communities as Neighboring Volunteers. We offer a supportive, balanced work environment, a strengths-based leadership perspective and an opportunity put to your faith in action and empower churches across the country to live out the call to love our neighbor as ourselves. Additionally, Bridge of Hope offers the following benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Matching IRA retirement plan
- Generous vacation, wellness and holiday benefits
- Medical reimbursement, for full-time employees, through an ICHRA (Individual Coverage Health Reimbursement Arrangement).
Chief Development Officer