Chief Advancement Officer
Malvern, PA (or from your remote office with easy access to Lancaster/Chester County, PA)
Full-time (exempt) or part-time (hourly), based on the preference of the best candidate.
Bridge of Hope National is seeking a dynamic Chief Advancement Officer. If you are interested in using your fundraising, relationship building and marketing skills to solve homelessness and engage Christian faith communities, considering joining Bridge of Hope’s team.
Who we are looking for:
The Chief Advancement Officer will provide strategic leadership to the Bridge of Hope marketing and development functions and a staff of four people, and will carry a small portfolio of major donor relationships.
What a successful candidate will need:
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Seven+ years of experience in fundraising.
- Five+ years in marketing/communications.
Critical Executive Leadership Competencies:
- Cultivates Relationships: Initiates and maintains strategic relationships with donors and stakeholders inside and outside the Bridge of Hope network.
- Leads with Cultural Humility: Leads with a spirit of cultural humility by approaching others with openness, setting aside assumptions, stereotypes and even cultural competencies in order to know another through their own lens and across all areas of diversity.
- Displays Strategic Influence: Creates and executes influence strategies that persuade key internal and external stakeholders to take action that will support Bridge of Hope’s mission and strategic direction. Proactively communicates the Mission.
- Inspires and Engages People: Passionately and effectively presents a transformational vision; creates a clear and compelling view of the future by helping others understand how Bridge of Hope outcomes will change lives.
- Lives out Ministry as Fundraising: Embraces and lives out fundraising as a way of engaging others in the work of God’s kingdom on earth.
- Models Integrity and Ministry Values: Genuinely cares about families facing homelessness and Christian faith communities who seek genuine ministry together; communicates openly and honestly to foster trust relationships among colleagues and team members.
What you priorities will be:
- Development Team Leader. Responsible to lead the entire development operation, strategies and team.
- Secures financial contributions that leverage other sources of funding.
- Works with CEO to create and monitor income side of budget and various expense categories.
- Creates, oversees and helps implement the annual development plan and strategy.
- Builds a robust donor base.
- Manages a development team that is growing in donor relationship building and visits.
- Trains and mentors development staff toward their fundraising position goals.
- Relationship Manager, with a portfolio. Leads by example with strong donor visits and relationships, with approximately 30-35 Leader of Hope Giving Society members in their portfolio.
- Marketing Team Leader. Responsible to lead the big-picture marketing strategy of Bridge of Hope and oversee team members.
- Creates, oversees and helps implement the annual marketing plan and strategy.
- Oversees brand management, including overseeing and protecting brand and trademark.
- Assures network-wide consistency within our Bridge of Hope Identity Standards.
- Serves as first point of contact for crisis communication.
- Member of Leadership Team. Works with CEO and other leadership team members on vision, strategic plan and organizational leadership.
- Defines roles, responsibilities and measurable objectives for members of the Advancement and Communications teams. Engages in regular interaction with team and individual members to provide coaching, team building and ensure accountability.
What we can offer you:
Bridge of Hope National is a strong, skilled team of professionals that work collaboratively to achieve our mission of ending and preventing family homelessness across the country, by engaging Christian faith communities as Neighboring Volunteers. We offer a supportive, balanced work environment, a strengths-based leadership perspective and an opportunity put to your faith in action and empower churches across the country to live out the call to love our neighbor as ourselves. Additionally, Bridge of Hope offers the following benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Matching IRA retirement plan
- Generous vacation, wellness and holiday benefits
- Medical reimbursement, for full-time employees, through an ICHRA (Individual Coverage Health Reimbursement Arrangement).
Chief Executive Officer
How to Apply:
Email application, resume, cover letter, and two fundraising or marketing initiatives that you helped create to firstname.lastname@example.org.