Cheerful Givers: Honor and Memorial Gifts
The point is this: the one who sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and the one who sows bountifully will also reap bountifully. Each of you must give as you have made up your mind, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.
~2 Corinthians 9:6-7
DESCRIPTION: The Cheerful Giver campaign invites those who are able to donate to Bridge of Hope during a time of celebration. Now more than ever we are aware of the inequities in our communities. Those who are financially stable experience life very differently than those who are struggling to make ends meet. And life continues to unfold – babies are born, people move into new homes, graduations and weddings take place. Cheerful Givers can recognize and respond to inequity even as they engage in celebration.
“CELEBRATION DONATIONS” can be made to Bridge of Hope to honor someone who is celebrating something joyous in their lives. Bridge of Hope will mail a card of recognition to the donor to gift to the one who is celebrating.
This ensures that
- As We Celebrate Births, We Remember Children Born into Poverty
- As We Celebrate Weddings, We Remember Single-Parent Households Struggling to Make Ends Meet
- As We Celebrate House Warmings, We are Giving to Ensure A Family in Need Finds Safe Housing
- As We Celebrate Graduations, We Give to Families Working to Meet the Goals to Graduate from the Bridge of Hope Program and Live Into Bright Futures
- Whatever the celebration, we hope that people remember that there is always an opportunity to love their neighbors.