Executive Director for Bridge of Hope Harrisburg Area (Now Serving Cumberland, Dauphin, & York Counties)
How to apply: Please apply by forwarding a cover letter, resume and completed application, by email to email@example.com.
Title: Executive Director, Full-time
Do you believe that no family deserves to be homeless and that the Christian faith community can be part of the solution in ending family homelessness? If so – join us!
Bridge of Hope, Harrisburg Area, is an affiliate of Bridge of Hope National (www.bridgeofhopeinc.org), and is part of a national movement dedicated to engaging Christian faith communities in defeating family homelessness.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Active member of a Christian congregation that confesses Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior, with a strong personal faith and experience.
- Eagerness to work collaboratively with the board of directors and Bridge of Hope staff, Harrisburg Area, in sustaining this affiliate.
- Experience and a demonstrated ability to fundraise is strongly preferred.
- A demonstrated ability to effectively use various social media and websites for the benefit of the affiliate is strongly preferred.
- College degree in Social work or Psychology is preferred.
- At least 3 years of experience with a non-profit organization is preferred.
- An ability for public speaking, and strong verbal and written communication skills.
- An ability and enthusiasm in building relationships with referral agencies, Christian faith communities, Neighboring Volunteers, and families facing homelessness.
- A demonstrated ability to be organized, multi-task, and have experience with developing and managing budgets.
- A demonstrated ability to prepare and present training to Bridge of Hope staff and Neighboring Volunteers.
- Must be passionate about the mission of Bridge of Hope.
Position Summary: Responsible for directing, implementing and evaluating of the following areas: program, financial management, administration and public relations as directed by the board of directors.
Bridge of Hope’s program is highly successful averaging 80-95% annually for success in families exiting the program with safe and stable housing. As an affiliate of the national organization, staff of Bridge of Hope, Harrisburg Area, benefit from support and tools to launch all aspects of the program, training in nonprofit excellence, conferences to network with other affiliate staff and direct consultation for specific needs of the affiliate.
The Executive Director is responsible for reporting to the Board of Directors. Bridge of Hope, Harrisburg Area, currently has ten (10) board of directors with diversified professional and personal skills.
An attractive and competitive salary/benefits package commensurate with experience will be offered to the right candidate.