What are you thankful for this Thanksgiving?
November 22, 2022
What would you hear if you asked children around you what they are thankful for this Thanksgiving? And what would you say if asked what you are thankful for?
Recently Julianna shared how thankful she is to have found Bridge of Hope when she and her children were facing eviction and moving from car to couch, from friend to family member.
Julianna asked her 9 year old son, Nolan, what he’s thankful for and he burst into song! “My family, God, the universe. I’m thankful for being alive,” Nolan sang. Julianna’s heart was full and overflowing (and so was mine!), recognizing how far she and her boys have come since finding Bridge of Hope over a year ago. “We have so much to be thankful for this Thanksgiving,” Julianna said.
Here are a few other responses from children in Bridge of Hope that you are helping to make a difference for this Thanksgiving:
• I am thankful for my mom helping with my homework. Leni, age 6
• I am thankful for my mom and sister. Jayden, age 8
• I am thankful for my family. Julian, age 4
• I’m Thankful for my family, food and God. Abe, age 12
• I’m thankful for my 2 besties and my mom. Chloe, age 13
• I’m thankful for my video games and my family. Curtis, age 11
• I’m thankful for my Thomas train, all my toys, my brother, my room, my mom and the outside. Aaron, age 4
Maybe you are like Julian, keeping your “thankful” list very brief. Or maybe you are like Aaron, with a long list of gratitudes.
At Bridge of Hope, we’ve seen an increase in calls for help this year. And we’ve also seen an increase in words of gratitude from moms and children we’ve served. Here are some words of thanks from families you have helped in their journey out of homelessness.
Wishing you blessing in this season of giving thanks! Happy Thanksgiving!
Edith Yoder, CEO
Click here to view entire eNewsletter