Bridge of Hope let me know I wasn’t alone
Janice and her then four-year-old son came to Reading from Puerto Rico in 2009 to escape an abusive relationship with her ex-husband.
When she felt the threat from her husband had passed, Janice found it difficult to find work and housing.
Janice found Bridge of Hope, and the staff and mentors of Bridge of Hope helped her to locate housing and other services. The greatest benefit from Bridge of Hope was the relationships that formed with Janice and her son and their mentoring friends from a local church.
Janice says, “Bridge of Hope let me know that I wasn’t alone, and the people in it became family…It’s not just a housing program, it’s a family program.”
You can hear from Janice and her son in this Bridge of Hope video: The Promise of a Home.
- Jul 01, 2017 — July 25 Golf Classic benefits Bridge of Hope National…Read More
- Jul 01, 2017 — Nayr shares her story about how her Neighboring Volunteers helped her to trust.…Read More
- Jul 01, 2017 — Your Gift Helps End Family Homelessness…Read More
- Jul 01, 2017 — Join Us in thanking Golf Classic Sponsors!…Read More
- Jul 01, 2017 — Maternity Home Forging a Bridge of Hope for Single Moms…Read More