Bridge of Hope in Lutheran Services Carolinas annual report
Lutheran Services Carolinas and Uptown Church are partnering with Bridge of Hope to serve a once-homeless single mom & her children in Charlotte, NC.
Click here to read the 2-page story from Lutheran Services Carolina’s annual report.
“When the Bridge of Hope participant was told that a Charlotte homeless shelter was too full to take her and her four children, she didn’t know what she was going to do.
2 staff from Lutheran Services Carolinas have received training from Bridge of Hope and are now teaming up with Uptown Church (Presbyterian Church in America) in Charlotte. Together, LSC and the church will assist the family, who were selected from 10 families who applied through referrals from agencies that deal with homelessness.
Fourteen church members from Uptown have been trained to build a relationship with the family over the next 18 months.”
The Bridge of Hope participant explains, “I like being around people who are so goal-oriented, people who are already established in their careers. If I need advice, they can give me that advice.”
One of the mentoring friends from Uptown Church explains that “one of the reasons I love the program is that my whole family can participate, including my three children, who enjoy playing with the Bridge of Hope participant’s children.”
For more information, go to http://lscarolinas.bridgeofhopeinc.org.
- Jun 01, 2017 — Auction items for Gala Luncheon…Read More
- Jun 01, 2017 — Nayr shares her story about how her Neighboring Volunteers helped her to trust.…Read More
- Jun 01, 2017 — Your Gift Helps End Family Homelessness…Read More
- Jun 01, 2017 — Join us in thanking 2017 Gala sponsors…Read More
- Jun 01, 2017 — Sarah’s Story…Read More
- May 01, 2017 — Maternity Home Forging a Bridge of Hope for Single Moms…Read More
- Aug 01, 2016 — Join Us in thanking Golf Classic Sponsors!…Read More