My Hopes and Dreams
Before I was accepted into Bridge of Hope BuxMont, I was in a desperate situation. Like most of us in situations like these, we find ourselves feeling hopeless and scared. Being at the end of the line and having exhausted all avenues, I truly feared the worst. I had four children and was then 7 months pregnant, and I was afraid I would lose them. As the days grew closer to my due date, I found myself praying harder and harder. After several weeks of praying and crying for help, I asked for a miracle. After making my last phone call for help, I thought it was over, and I would have to give up my children that I so desperately love. My children are the reason I left an abusive relationship and was now without a home or an income to support them.
After giving up all control of my situation and giving it to God, I received a phone call from my sister who told me about this wonderful organization that helps women in my situation. My niece’s school had done a service project for this agency and that is how my sister heard about it. My sister, with the utmost faith in God, gave me the telephone number for Bridge of Hope BuxMont. In my helplessness and never-ending faith, I decided to call. I spoke with two very nice women on the phone who are now my very good friends.
To make a long story short, Bridge of Hope BuxMont helped me save my family and now I have an apartment where my family is safe and I am working in a job I love. Bridge of Hope is also helping me achieve my long term goals by giving me tools I need to become financially secure, to have a profession, and someday buy a home. I want to thank everyone in Bridge of Hope and all the volunteer-mentors who are helping me reach the goals I thought were only once a dream, but will soon be a reality.*The name Theresa is used for confidentiality from the website of Bridge of Hope Buxmont (PA)
- Jun 01, 2017 — Auction items for Gala Luncheon…Read More
- Jun 01, 2017 — Nayr shares her story about how her Neighboring Volunteers helped her to trust.…Read More
- Jun 01, 2017 — Your Gift Helps End Family Homelessness…Read More
- Jun 01, 2017 — Join us in thanking 2017 Gala sponsors…Read More
- Jun 01, 2017 — Sarah’s Story…Read More
- May 01, 2017 — Maternity Home Forging a Bridge of Hope for Single Moms…Read More
- Aug 01, 2016 — Join Us in thanking Golf Classic Sponsors!…Read More