Doing Homework by Candlelight
I am a single mother of three beautiful children ages 13, 9 and 7. The 7-year-old suffers from Cystic Fibrosis and has very expensive medical bills. I found myself going through a divorce, forced out of my home and unemployed. With no money to pay the bills, my electric was turned off.
I remember telling my children that “candles would help us get our homework done and we would go to sleep at dark.” I was alone, fearful and had no self-worth. I would pray to God to answer my prayers and one day he did. I received a call from Bridge of Hope and I couldn’t believe I was selected as a candidate for the program.
Now, I am trying to put the pieces of my life back together with the help of my Case Manager and the support of my Bridge of Hope mentors. This journey has given me the courage and strength to move on with my life and make a better future for my children.from the website of Bridge of Hope South Jersey
- May 01, 2017 — Auction items for Gala Luncheon…Read More
- May 01, 2017 — Your Gift Helps End Family Homelessness…Read More
- May 01, 2017 — Join us in thanking 2017 Gala sponsors…Read More
- May 01, 2017 — Sarah’s Story…Read More
- May 01, 2017 — Maternity Home Forging a Bridge of Hope for Single Moms…Read More