An Opportunity for a Better Life
Gloria’s husband had a problem with alcohol and drugs. Gloria told her pastor that she couldn’t stay in the relationship and asked him for advice. He mentioned that the church was preparing to offer a Bridge of Hope mentoring group.
Gloria and her children were chosen as the Bridge of Hope family for her church. The staff person from Bridge of Hope helped Gloria with budgeting. Gloria explains, “She also helped me gain more self-confidence and has made me realize that I matter to God.”
It was tough for Gloria to allow her mentors to assist her since, “I’m used to doing everything by myself.” Gloria shares, “I do have to admit though that my mentors have made this transition a lot easier.”
Gloria attended the ASSETS classes held at Norristown New Life Mennonite Church. She has a house cleaning service and hopes to have two to four people working for her. “These classes are really showing me what it takes to run a business, so I’m glad I have the opportunity to attend, ” says Gloria.
“I have experienced such a feeling of peace since I am out of that relationship I was in. I can’t say thank you enough to Bridge of Hope BuxMont for giving me and my children the opportunity for a better life. I also want to say thank you to all my mentors and friends who have supported me through this,” explains Gloria.adapted from the website of Bridge of Hope BuxMont (PA)
- Jun 01, 2017 — Auction items for Gala Luncheon…Read More
- Jun 01, 2017 — Nayr shares her story about how her Neighboring Volunteers helped her to trust.…Read More
- Jun 01, 2017 — Your Gift Helps End Family Homelessness…Read More
- Jun 01, 2017 — Join us in thanking 2017 Gala sponsors…Read More
- Jun 01, 2017 — Sarah’s Story…Read More
- May 01, 2017 — Maternity Home Forging a Bridge of Hope for Single Moms…Read More
- Aug 01, 2016 — Join Us in thanking Golf Classic Sponsors!…Read More