Our Mission and Values
Bridge of Hope National Vision
The vision of Bridge of Hope National is to end and prevent homelessness for women and children across the United States by calling churches into action.
Bridge of Hope National Mission
Our mission is to call and equip compassionate people from many Christian faith traditions to exemplify Christ’s love to homeless women and children by creating and sustaining thriving Bridge of Hope locations. Bridge of Hope brings together professional staff and trained church-based mentoring groups to empower homeless and at-risk single mothers to attain:
- permanent housing
- financial stability through employment
- life-changing friendships
- increased self-esteem and growth in areas of holistic living
Bridge of Hope Values Statement
The Bridge of Hope network and partners embrace these values as we engage in ending homelessness for single mothers and their children. Bridge of Hope is:
1. Following Jesus.
- We follow Jesus as our example in embodying love and holding out hope to homeless families.
- We follow Jesus as we engage in mutual relationships with vulnerable families in a way that offers dignity, respect and lasting impact.
- We follow Jesus, recognizing our triune God as our life source and depending on prayer to empower us to fulfill God’s purposes through Bridge of Hope.
2. Embracing the Church.
- We embrace the church as the vital link for ending homelessness for women and children.
- We embrace mentoring groups from within churches that provide the long-term supportive friendships that homeless and at-risk families need.
- We embrace and draw staff, board members and mentoring groups from Christian congregations which confess Jesus Christ as divine Lord and Savior.
- We choose hope by respecting each woman and child participating in the program, regardless of race, ethnicity, faith or life experience.
- We choose hope by building on each individual’s strengths and offering a solution to homelessness that emerges as all of us bring our strengths to the table.
- We choose hope by promoting transformation and positive changes which occur in the life of homeless mothers, children, staff, mentors, board members and volunteers through their involvement in Bridge of Hope.
- Dec 05, 2013 — Your Gift Helps End Family Homelessness…Read More
- Dec 02, 2013 — May 9, 2014 Gala – “Amish Infatuation”…Read More
- Dec 01, 2013 — Bridge of Hope moms enjoy special “night out”…Read More
- Dec 01, 2013 — Join us in thanking Bridge of Hope conference sponsors…Read More
- Dec 01, 2013 — Bridge of Hope is growing in Illinois!…Read More
- Nov 01, 2013 — Bridge of Hope chosen as Great Site for Social Workers…Read More