Attend a Fundraising Event
Annual Gala Luncheon
Bridge of Hope National has a Gala Luncheon each May to raise funds for our work of ending homelessness for single mothers and children across the United States.
“The Allure of the Amish”
Friday May 9, 2014
from 10:30 – 1:30
DoubleTree Lancaster (PA) - directions here
Why have Amish novels become so popular—and why right now? Valerie Weaver-Zercher, author of Thrill of the Chaste:The Allure of Amish Romance Novels will speak about the wildfire success of Amish romance fiction.
Valerie Weaver-Zercher is a writer and editor whose work has been published in the Los Angeles Times, Chicago Tribune, Christian Science Monitor, and elsewhere.
Linda Byler will also share at the Gala. Linda (watch brief video) is the author of the bestselling Amish romance novel series, Lizzie Searches for Love. She grew up Amish and is an active member of the Amish church today. Linda has published more than 20 books.
- Sponsor the Gala (view sponsorship flier for more details). Sponsor a table of 8 for $300.
- Purchase tickets online now ($40 per person)
- View the Gala invitation
- Sign up to donate a centerpiece
- View Centerpiece or silent auction donation flier
- View listing of this year’s auction items!
For more information, contact Kathy Beiler at email@example.com.
“Readable and engaging, Thrill of the Chaste studies the exploding subgenre of Amish fiction from every angle: Why is it so popular? What are readers seeking? Do these stories truly reflect the Amish? What motivates the authors? The publishers? Sometimes hard-hitting but always fair, Weaver-Zercher’s fascinating book is a must-read for anyone interested in the plain life.”
- Suzanne Woods Fisher, author of Amish fiction and host of Amish Wisdom
- Apr 08, 2014 — Bridge of Hope in the Lutheran Services Carolinas annual report…Read More
- Apr 01, 2014 — Join us in thanking 2014 Gala sponsors…Read More
- Apr 01, 2014 — 5 of our locations have a Bridge of Hope graduate on their board…Read More
- Apr 01, 2014 — Auction items for Gala Luncheon…Read More
- Apr 01, 2014 — May 9, 2014 Gala – “The Allure of the Amish”…Read More