Single Moms Seeking Help
We suggest the following steps if you or someone you know is a homeless single mother who is seeking help:
Review this document: Is Bridge of Hope Right for Me?
See our Find a Bridge of Hope page to see if there is a Bridge of Hope location in your area. You may contact them directly to learn more about their program and decide if you would like to apply.
If we do not have a Bridge of Hope location in your area at this time, please see below a list of other national non-profits that may be located in your community:
- Love INC. (http://www.loveinc.org/)
- YWCA (www.ywca.org)
- Family Promise/Interfaith Hospitality Network (http://www.familypromise.org)
In addition, government agencies that might be a resource would be the Department of Housing and Urban Development and the local housing authority. You can find their contact information in the phone book or by doing a Google search of the internet. Their staff may also know of other local agencies.
Some communities offer 211. “2-1-1 provides free and confidential information and referral. Call 2-1-1 for help with food, housing, employment, health care, counseling and more.” To see if there is 211 in your community, dial 2-1-1 or go to http://www.211.org/.
If you are in need of shelter from domestic violence, the best resource we can suggest is your local domestic violence center. You may find one in the phone book or by doing a Google search of the internet. Or call the National Domestic Violence hotline at1-800-799-SAFE (7233) or 1-800-787-3224 (TTY). They provide anonymous and confidential help 24/7. Their website is http://www.thehotline.org/.
We hope you find the assistance you need.
To download the information listed above, click here.
- Nov 01, 2015 — Nov. 19 is 7th annual Day of Prayer for Bridge of Hope…Read More
- Nov 01, 2015 — Bridge of Hope in AGRM’s Rescue magazine…Read More
- Nov 01, 2015 — Join us in thanking Bridge of Hope conference sponsors…Read More
- Nov 01, 2015 — Your Gift Helps End Family Homelessness…Read More
- Nov 01, 2015 — Bridge of Hope let me know I wasn’t alone…Read More
- Jun 01, 2015 — Building a Bridge of Hope One Family at a Time…Read More