BRIDGE OF HOPE NATIONAL JOB DESCRIPTION
Title: Program Specialist
Report to: Director of Program Services
Hours per week: 10-14 hours/week
- Master’s degree in social work preferred
- Highly motivated, self-starter with experience as a nonprofit professional
- Minimum of seven years of social work experience, including supervision, training, case-management work, in the social welfare arena
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skill
- An understanding of and commitment to the vision of Bridge of Hope National:
ending and preventing homelessness for women and children across the country by calling churches into action.
- Proficient in computer technology, including Microsoft Office products
- Commitment to and experience with a strengths-based perspective in program delivery.
Position Summary: To provide program expertise for Bridge of Hope locations’ program staff, with a focus on curriculum and resource development (online), monitoring implementation of outcomes database and conducting program audits (virtually) of location programs.
1. Support program implementation and case-management at Bridge of Hope locations through the provision of new resources and curriculum on the eLearning Site as well as at the annual Bridge of Hope conferences. This will include:
- Regular updating of the social worker and supervisor courses on eLearning site and providing new resources on the eLearning site for program staff.
- Creation of new online courses related to case-management and program implementation, with the support of administrative staff.
- Links to current trainings online that would benefit the Bridge of Hope network (for example, through Center for Social Innovation, The National Center on Family Homelessness, etc.)
- Continually update materials and resources on Members Only for program staff.
- Annual leading of conference workshops as determined appropriate and other resourcing for locations connected to the conference (exploring CEUs, generating topics for workshops based on areas of felt need, etc.)
2. Monitor outcomes statistics on Bridge of Hope families, assessing how stats are tracked and maintained and what locations need additional support for stronger implementation. Continually explore ways to enhance tracking as well.
○ Ensure the effective use of database for tracking outcomes by all locations by monitoring outcomes tracking reports through eTapestry and providing feedback to location staff.
○ Analyze program information annually from Aiming for Excellence and base new curriculum around areas of needed growth for the network.
○ Promote the goal of serving more families to the network on a regular basis.
3. Conduct extensive program audits every two years on each Bridge of Hope location. Provide written assessment and feedback to boards and/or supervisors based on the program audit review.
4. Provide backup support for weekly/monthly program staff teleconferences and case-management support, when Director of Program Services is unavailable.
5. Other responsibilities as assigned by the Director of Program Services.
- Dec 05, 2013 — Your Gift Helps End Family Homelessness…Read More
- Dec 02, 2013 — May 9, 2014 Gala – “Amish Infatuation”…Read More
- Dec 01, 2013 — Bridge of Hope moms enjoy special “night out”…Read More
- Dec 01, 2013 — Join us in thanking Bridge of Hope conference sponsors…Read More
- Dec 01, 2013 — Bridge of Hope is growing in Illinois!…Read More
- Nov 01, 2013 — Bridge of Hope chosen as Great Site for Social Workers…Read More