Category Archives: News
Auction items for Gala Luncheon
These and other items (including beautiful centerpieces) will be auctioned at our May 12 Gala Luncheon.
- One week at Orange Lake Resort, Kissimmee 2 BR Timeshare for 6-8 (see below for photo and more detailed information)
- Four Disney World Park Hopper passes
- Golf 4-some with carts at Glen Mills, Chadds Ford
- 2 tickets to the Metropolitan Museum NYC, and $75 gift certificate to dinner at Trattoria Pesce Pasta in the West Village
- Sam Martin Dump Truck
- Jewelry by inbloom – double pendant necklace
- Weekend at the Shamba – an upscale cabin in Capon Bridge, West Virginia- sleeps 8
- New Coach Pocketbook with accessories
- Two adult painting sessions @ Art & a Bottle, Lititz
- Mary Kay Time-Wise Repair Volu-Firm Set (value $205) (see photo)
- Hand-Made contemporary wooden clock by Edgar Stoesz
- Food for Thought Catering, Lancaster- hors d’oeuvres for 10 catered dinner
- Sight & Sound – 2 tickets (Jonah or Miracle of Christmas) w dinner @ Hershey Farms -Two smorgasbord meals
- Rose Quartz cocktail ring donated by Koser Jewelers
- Grilled Shrimp Dinner for 8 served under the Gazebo – donated by Rob and Beth Martin
- Wyebrook Farm Gift Certificate $25
- Authentic Indian Meal for 8-10 donated by Kristen Mathew
- Spooky Nook climbing pass (2) & $25 gift card to Mick’s Restaurant nearby
- Noonday Wildflower Clutch from Peru (see photo)
- Vera Bradley Large Duffle in Zebra Pattern (see photo)
- Color my World- Crayola Basket with 6 tickets to the Crayola Experience in Easton PA
- Vase by Myer Made, potter for Square One coffee shop, Myerstown PA
- Beth Cardwell Photography gift card – $150
- Greenfield Inn Gift Certificate for $50
- Knives with Knife sharpener from Country Knives, Intercourse
- 2 Vouchers for Escape on Queen, Escape Room – value $50
- Wegmans Gift card $50
- Noonday Alchemy Bracelets (set of 3)
- Noonday Dreamer Necklace
- Liz Riden Copper Crossbody Leather Purse
- Nickel & Suede Creme de la Creme Leather Earrings
- 4 Tickets for Penn State vs. Georgia Football game- September 16, 2017
- Framed water color limited edition print by Janie Martin
- Meadia Heights Golf – foursome with carts
- Bird Bath with accessories
- Waltz Vineyard Wine- full line wine tasting for 2
- Carol Kauffman photographed artwork
- Intercourse Bed & Breakfast- one night stay in a King Jacuzzi room with FP & 5 course breakfast
- Skybox for 24 at Barnstormers game- June 29 at 7:00 pm with $500 towards catering
- Shenk’s Greenhouse hanging basket
- Artwork by Shannon Ferrari, Lampeter Strasburg student/award winner
- $100 gift card to Belvedere Restuarant, Lancaster PA
- Granola basket donated by Grandview Granola, Lancaster PA
- Pie Stand with 3 pies baked by Cindy Siegfried
- $25 gift card for Petals with Style, Lancaster PA
- “Spice of Life” herb planter and restaurant gift cards
- Outdoor planter donated by Gail Buckwalter
One week at Orange Lake Resort, Kissimmee 2 BR Timeshare for 6-8
As you step into your Florida vacation rental, you will know you have entered your new vacation home. Holiday Inn Club Vacations® at Orange Lake Resort, located next door to Walt Disney World® Resort and Disney Animal Kingdom theme park, caters to families. With villas located near Disney, we offer a perfect alternative to Orlando hotels. As our Orlando resort guest, you will enjoy giant water slides, daily activities in Swampy Activity Center and on-site golf courses designed by Arnold Palmer. After you have worked up an appetite, enjoy a delicious meal in your Orlando resort villa with full kitchen or dine out at any of our 9 restaurant and dining options.
Your Gift Helps End Family Homelessness
Your gift today helps to end homelessness
for a single mom and her children!
Since 1989, Bridge of Hope as ended homelessness through three-way partnerships between homeless single mothers, trained church-based mentoring groups, and trained case managers.
Women graduate from the Bridge of Hope program having attained:
- permanent rental housing
- financial stability through employment and budgeting
- a support network of friends from a church in their community
Bridge of Hope Inc. (d.b.a. Bridge of Hope National) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization- donations to which are tax-deductible to the fullest extent allowed by law. As required by the Pennsylvania Solicitation of Funds for Charitable Purposes Act, a copy of the official registration and financial information for Bridge of Hope Inc. may be obtained from the Pennsylvania Department of State by calling toll free, within PA (800)732-0999.
Join us in thanking 2017 Gala sponsors
- Old Candle Barn
- Terry and Joan Gotwals Yoder
- Chicco USA
- William S. Gotwals – Pine Brook Farm
- Elizabeth C. Hagey
- Glenn and Anne Weaver
- Sherry and Kevin Lapp
- Willow Valley Associates
- Evelyn Hess
- James Spring & Wire Company
- Benjamin Franklin Plumbing
- Haller Enterprises, Inc.
- Goodville Mutual Casualty Company
- IMI Products
- Karol and Tom Schorn
- Edith Yoder and Garth Scott
- Beth and Jason Trout
- E.G.Stoltzfus Homes- Theresa Stoltzfus
- Kitchen Kettle
- Premier Custom Built, Inc.
- Paul and Betty Martin
- Patrick T. Moran II- INGROUP Associates, Inc.
- Re-Bath & More
- John and Rebecca Rutt
- S. B. & G. Real Estate Partnership
- Linda and George Schneiter
- Edgar Stoesz
- Xpressway Trucking/Brook Ledge Horse Transportation
- Kathy and Anthony Beiler
- DavCo Advertising, Inc.
- Lee and Ruth Delp
- Charmaine Garman
- Jim Lapp and Miriam Book
- Ruth and Emerson Lesher
- Emmily and Brad Longenecker
- Phil and Holly Olson
- Dorothy Pulcher
- Mark and Karene Zimmerman
- Berk Homes
- Bee Bergvall & Co.
- Aaron & Kristen Buckwalter
- Toni Campbell
- Larry and Paula Massanari
- Nikki Shingle
- Stoltzfus Meats
- NanaSue Walker
- Paul B. Zimmerman Inc.
- Alicia Allamena
- Kris Augsburger
- Carolyn Brown
- Gloria Burkholder
- Coatesville Savings Bank
- Catharine Frederick and Judy Blosser
- Jodi Gibble
- Nancy Greene
- Bill and Dot Hartman
- Katie B. Kauffman
- Keystone AAHAM
- Anna Mae Lapp
- Patricia Leaman
- Guy Martin
- Michelle Long and Virginia Mullin
- Herb and Becky Noll
- North Group Consultants
- Old Country Store
- Jennifer Schwalm
- Joy Steckbeck and Lauren Martiny
- S&T Bank
- Renee Suydam
- Linda and Naaman Yoder
- Heather Zeamer
- Nicole and Caswell Anderson
- Rebecca and Mitch Marion
- William Poole, DDS
- Todd J. Feddock, DMD
updated May 1, 2017
Sarah’s daily work commute was four hours. The $8/hour that she earned as a residential aide did not cover her gas, insurance, rent, and child care expenses of $1,600+/ month. And, she had little time to spend with her sons.
Sarah had not been able to make time to study for and pass the medical assistant certificate test.
Her time with Bridge of Hope Harrisburg Area (PA), which included temporary rental assistance, allowed Sarah to study (with help from her Bridge of Hope mentoring friends) and receive her medical assistant certification. This led to a higher paying job, and Sarah excelled at the budgeting skills she learned from her Bridge of Hope case manager.
Sarah’s new job is closer to home, and she has more time with her sons!
In this video, Denise shares about why she was a mentoring friend for Sarah and her sons – and how it was a blessing to her after the disappointment of not being able to adopt a second child.
Census data shows that roughly 40 percent of single-mother-headed families are poor. Education and professional certification can help moms to attain a higher-paying career.
The Sarah’s Story video explains: “Bridge of Hope is about reminding moms what their dreams were and then being there to support them while they work toward those goals.”
Since 1989, the Bridge of Hope model has ended and prevented homelessness for single mothers and their children. Bridge of Hope is a three-way partnership between a single mother, a social worker, and mentors from a local church who are trained to provide tangible supports and social capital.
Women graduate from Bridge of Hope having attained permanent rental housing, financial stability through employment and budgeting, and a network of support.
Bridge of Hope National has 21 locations in 12 states and Canada. Bridge of Hope @ Lutheran Services Carolinas served a family in partnership with Uptown Church (in Charlotte). They and Bridge of Hope @ Samaritas – Westland (in Detroit, MI) hope to serve additional Bridge of Hope families in the future.
Maternity Home Forging a Bridge of Hope for Single Moms
The article was also picked up by the National Right to Life News.
We look forward to partnering with other pregnancy help centers in the future, including those that are members of Heartbeat International.
And, check out Christy’s book, Snow Out of Season.
- May 01, 2017 — Auction items for Gala Luncheon…Read More
- May 01, 2017 — Your Gift Helps End Family Homelessness…Read More
- May 01, 2017 — Join us in thanking 2017 Gala sponsors…Read More
- May 01, 2017 — Sarah’s Story…Read More
- May 01, 2017 — Maternity Home Forging a Bridge of Hope for Single Moms…Read More