Week of Prayer – November 19, 2016
Thank you for your prayers this past week during Hunger & Homelessness Awareness Week.
“But let justice roll down like waters and righteousness like an ever-flowing stream.” Amos 5:24
Often times we may feel that being religious is enough. God wants and demands more from us. He desires that our words and actions be aligned with His justice and righteousness.
Justice – has to do with doing the right thing in society, especially helping those in need. Righteousness has to do with right relationships. Our faith becomes visible through our willingness to care for and help others; loving our neighbor as ourselves, building relationships.
By serving single mothers and their children, Bridge of Hope makes faith visible by touching lives.
I request that you pray for the many families and mentors that work to make the Bridge of Hope program a success.
God of justice, we pray that homeless single mothers and their children find housing, work, friends, hope, and healing from trauma. We pray that they experience Christ’s love in new ways.
Pastor Vic Johnson
Pastor Johnson has led Brownsville Church of God in Fayetteville, PA for 39 years. Vic served as a bi-vocational pastor, working for Schindler Elevator Corporation for 42 years. Vic and his wife Katherine have been married for 44 years. They are proud parents of three children, eight grandchildren, and two great-grandchildren. Pastor Vic serves on the board of Bridge of Hope National.
Watch video: Bridge of Hope Works!
“Join” our #GivingTuesday (Nov. 29) event on Facebook!
- Jun 01, 2017 — Auction items for Gala Luncheon…Read More
- Jun 01, 2017 — Nayr shares her story about how her Neighboring Volunteers helped her to trust.…Read More
- Jun 01, 2017 — Your Gift Helps End Family Homelessness…Read More
- Jun 01, 2017 — Join us in thanking 2017 Gala sponsors…Read More
- Jun 01, 2017 — Sarah’s Story…Read More
- May 01, 2017 — Maternity Home Forging a Bridge of Hope for Single Moms…Read More
- Aug 01, 2016 — Join Us in thanking Golf Classic Sponsors!…Read More