Awards and Recognition
- In 2011 Bridge of Hope National was named “One of the Best Externally Focused Ideas of 2011” by the Externally Focused Network.
- In 2009 Bridge of Hope National was nominated for the Samaritan Counseling Center of Lancaster’s Ethics Award.
Here’s what authors, pastors, lay leaders and others have to say about this ministry.
“Bridge of Hope is an outstanding organization that has proven its ability to effectively and compassionately meet the needs of the most vulnerable in society, that has approached the vocation of charity in innovative and entrepreneurial ways, that serves as a model for charitable work, and that has transformed lives through serving those in need…”
1997 Good Samaritan Award
The Acton Society for the Study of Religion and Liberty
“Organizations like Bridge of Hope become the only means that many homeless people have to achieve dignity and faith. Bridge of Hope makes homeless strangers into friends in the name of Christ.”
Rev. Dr. Tony Campolo
Author/Speaker: Professor Emeritus of Sociology, Eastern University
“The success of Bridge of Hope is that the program matches homeless women who want help with groups of individuals and families who want to help, a unique approach. . . The bridge, of course, is this caring scaffolding that links the resources of the local church to the neglected needy in the community.”
Author: Comforting One Another
”Bridge of Hope illustrates the special kind of Christian organization and movement that we particularly need today. . . We simply are not going to solve the problems of this society by more programs that only are concerned with the spiritual side or only are concerned with the socio-economic, material side. We need programs that put it all together, that love the whole person the way Jesus did. And Bridge of Hope does that in a wonderful way!”
Dr. Ronald J. Sider
Author, President of Evangelicals for Social Action, Professor of Theology and Culture, Eastern Baptist Theological Seminary
”Bridge of Hope’s ministry is so key. We’ve never seen anything like it anywhere else in the country. It’s an answer to prayer, because they surround moms that are being cut off from welfare…Bridge of Hope is surrounding them and helping them get their lives back together; ABSOLUTELY A GIFT FROM ON HIGH! We desperately need churches that start to focus outward and support ministries like Bridge of Hope, and others, to help the poor help themselves.”
Tom and Christine Sine
National speakers and authors of several books
“The name Bridge of Hope describes exactly what they do for homeless single moms. I believe hope is the cry of every single mom as they cross the bridge into the unknown and scary journey of single parenting. When there is nothing left to live for, hope is a beautiful gift given by the staff and mentors at Bridge of Hope.”
Founder of Auntie Anne’s, Inc.
- Jul 07, 2015 — Bridge of Hope in AGRM’s Rescue magazine…Read More
- Jul 01, 2015 — Join Us in thanking Golf Classic Sponsors!…Read More
- Jul 01, 2015 — July 28 Golf Classic benefits Bridge of Hope National…Read More
- Jul 01, 2015 — Bridge of Hope let me know I wasn’t alone…Read More
- Jul 01, 2015 — Your Gift Helps End Family Homelessness…Read More
- Jun 01, 2015 — Building a Bridge of Hope One Family at a Time…Read More